Jumping back on the 30 day book challenge! I decided I would do the posts Monday-Friday. I know that’s not exactly 30 days straight, but oh well!
Day 06: Favorite book of your favorite series OR your favorite book of all time.
Since I have done my favorite book of all time already (check it out over here), I am going to go with my favorite book of my favorite series. The Divergent series is my favorite series, but Insurgent was my favorite book out of them all. I felt like there was so much information and action jam packed into Insurgent and it was great! So much unfolded in the book and it was the book that was the hardest for me to put down. The way that it ended made it that much harder to wait the year for Allegiant.
This is going to be a short post, because I really want to go read. I’m finally starting to get more into The Glass Arrow and wanting to find out what happens next. I’m hoping this means the end of my mini-reading slump. I’m crossing my fingers, because I got approved for some Netgalley books that I really want to read, so I am hoping to get to those soon. I also have a bunch of books I bought recently that I want to get to. I’m itching for something new, so I am getting excited about all the books I bought.
I completely forgot I ordered bookmarks on Etsy until I got them in the mail today! I was so excited about it and it was a nice surprise. Bookmarks of a fangirl.
Sherlock, Supernatural, Doctor Who
ColbyJack (my kitten) scratched up my other Doctor Who bookmark (ughhh), so I ordered a different one. Well, I am off to hangout with my younger sister for a little while and then read until the boyfriend gets home. 🙂 bye!
Here to post day four of the 30 day book challenge that I am doing this month. It’s actually been kind of fun doing these posts and reliving and thinking about all these books again.
Day 04: Your favorite book or series ever.
The Divergent series. I am going with my favorite series ever since my last post I did my favorite book. It’s also day four…fits perfectly to the post. 😉 I was looking for a new series to read after I read The Hunger Games and I came across this on Amazon. Amazon decided that because I read THG, I might like Divergent. They were correct! I instantly fell in love with the book and I rushed to buy Insurgent. I finished the first two books in a matter of days! I told my boyfriend and my mom how amazing they were and I got them to love the books. Next, I told my friend Alex about it and he was hooked. I told anyone and everyone; and everyone I told I got them hooked to the books. I felt like I was so cool because I got everyone hooked on these amazing books. Basically me after reading Divergent & Insurgent…
- And then the waiting game. The FOREVER waiting game for Allegiant.
- All the count downs, days, months, over a YEAR.
- Pre-ordering and more waiting.
- Staying up until after midnight waiting for it to finally download to my iPad.
- Facebook messaging Alex about waiting.
- Fangirling with Alex about it.
- Listening to Veronica Roth read the first chapter.
- Alex and I freaking out because it wasn’t downloading!
- WHY WASN’T IT DOWNLOADING AT MIDNIGHT LIKE IT WAS SUPPOSED TO!?
- It finally downloaded and of course Facebooking and Instagraming a picture about finally having it!
- Staying up two hours later after it downloaded to read some of it even though I had to get up for work four hours later.
- Getting so close to the ending and trying to stall as much as possible from reading it because I didn’t want it to end.
- And then…the tears, so many tears.
- Basically me after reading finishing the series….
I loved everything about this series. The story was perfect and the characters were so great! I’m actually kind of sad that I don’t know the hard copies of these books yet. Most of the books I own are on Kindle (110 books on Kindle), but I plan on buying the complete series soon. No bookcase is complete without these books. I’m sure a lot of people have read the books and if you haven’t, you really should! The Divergent series was everything. Definitely my number one favorite series. Well done, so well done.
In case you missed it, you can check out my day three post about my favorite book that I read in the last 12 months over here. 🙂 Off to work for me.
Have you read the Divergent series? If so, what did you think about it? What’s your favorite series?