I can’t believe 2016 is almost over! I am actually kind of thrilled about that though, because it wasn’t the greatest year. I’ve been seeing that around a lot though for others, so I am not alone in feeling like this. I wanted to do a post about the goals I made at the start of this year and whether I accomplished them or not. So here we go!
My resolutions/goals for 2016 were as follows (you can see the actual post over here):
- Get organized in both my personal life and the blogosphere.
- I feel like I failed this one, because I honestly don’t think I organized anything. I still feel exactly where I was at the start of 2016 and possibly even worse. Fail.
- Drop the TBRs and read whatever I am in the mood for.
- I kind of sort of dropped the TBRs? I still made them some months, but I think for the most part I did read what I was in the mood for. I just struggled a lot this year with reading since most of this year felt like an endless reading slump. Kind of win.
- Buy less books, because I am drowning in books and not enough bookshelf space!
- I definitely feel like I bought A LOT less books than I did last year, but I still ended up buying quite a few. It was no where near as bad as last year though and that’s something to be proud of! I’ll take this one as a win.
- Save more and spend less.
- I definitely did not do much saving and I did spend quite a bit of money. I will say, a lot of money went toward wedding stuff though. I’m going to say I failed this one though, because I really should have saved more and I did spend money that I shouldn’t have quite a few times this year.
- Finish older books that are collecting dust on my bookshelves.
- I tried so hard to finish older books, but I didn’t finish as many as I hoped to. I couldn’t even reach of my goal of reading 30 older books. Blehhh. FAIL!
- Add more variety on my blog.
- Big fail! Not only did I not add more variety to my blog, I hardly blogged at all in 2016. I had so much going on in my personal life and blogging definitely took the back burner most of the year.
- Finish my unfinished series.
- Nope, fail. I finished a few, but not enough. I still have an almost endless pile of unfinished series. I find myself picking up more standalones because of this.
- Declutter my entire apartment and probably my entire life, really.
- Fail again, ughhh. I am the worst LOL. I had so much going on that this took the other back burner, sigh. After my wedding, I am going to attempt this again.
- Physically read more books rather than listen to tons of audiobooks.
- This one I don’t think it was a fail or win. It’s a draw, lol. I did read a few more than I listened to though. It was almost 50/50. Physically read won by a few though. So I won’t call it a win or fail.
- Be healthier and that means eating better (pizza all the time is not cutting it, although I wish it were) and exercising!
- I signed up for the gym. I went to the gym some of the time. I didn’t stick to it as often as I should have. I probably wasted a lot of money paying for a gym membership that I didn’t use, sigh. I’ve tried to eat healthier and I did good sometimes, but damn that pizza! It’s my weakness. So once again, fail.
Other Random Bookish Goals:
- Read My Books Challenge.
- This one was a fail. I was only able to read 19 out of 30 books. Eleven short from my goal, ugh.
- Goodreads Challenge Goal.
- A WIN! I completed my goal of 100 books read this year. To be honest, I almost didn’t complete it. I was able to listen to a ton of audibooks in November, which helped me to complete my goal. I read a total of 105 books this year.
- #2016WrapUp Challenge.
- Fail of all fails. I was so stoked to do this challenge and take pictures everyday and blog everyday. I have no idea what happened, to be honset. I slacked off. I got behind. And then I got so behind that I was like “whatever” and never picked it up again.
Overall, my 2016 goals were mostly fails. *crying* I was pretty busy in 2016, I had so much going on. I took a couple of trips, I got engaged, I attempted to plan a wedding (which I need to crack down on in the next couple of months), and I had so many lame reading slumps. I also got lazy, so lazy! 😦 I am crossing my fingers that 2017 is a better year. I know the first 3-4 months will be a little crazy, because I have a wedding to finish planning, I get married, I go on our honeymoon, and then I play catch up with all the things I let slide in 2016.
What were some of your 2016 goals? Did you accomplish them? Did you fail at them?
Anyway, enough of my huge fail of 2016 lol. I will be back with a new list of goals for 2017 soon. To be honest, probably the same exact goals as this one, because who am I kidding? I failed big time and I want every single one of these things to happen at some point. Why not try again in 2017? I’ll have my December book haul, December wrap up, and 2016 end of year survey posted soon, so be on the look out for those posts as well.
I hope you have a great day!
13 thoughts on “2016 Goals|| Win or Fail?”
Better luck this year!
My goals were ALL over the place. I need structure in my life for sure. I did a vision board and til this day I still stare at it, lol. It will happen. Things will get better. I’m a believer.
I need better structure in my life as well, sigh. Hopefully things are better for us next year! 😀
It will. We have to make it happen!
I always feel like when I set up goals I’m less likely to reach them because then they pressure me. I definitely know how you feel though with a few of these. (Especially with the whole buy less books and spend less money.)
I definitely understand the pressure aspect of it. That’s why I usually hate setting goals. I feel like if it’s forced, then I won’t want to do it. Blehh. Next year hopefully we both can buy and spend less!
For me the pressure of setting goals usually holds me back. If I set small ones, maybe less of them, they’re more attainable. It seems like you were pretty busy and had plenty of reasons to fall a little behind – you can make up for it next year!
Yes, the pressure for sure! That’s what usually holds me back too. Things don’t seem so fun or worth doing once you feel like you have to do it. I was definitely so busy this year and mostly why I couldn’t really accomplish all of these things. Crossing my fingers that next year will be better and hopefully I can knock a lot of these out next year!
Pingback: Recap|| December. | socially awkward bookworm.
Pingback: Book Haul|| December. | socially awkward bookworm.
Pingback: 2016 End of Year Book Survey. | socially awkward bookworm.