Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Top Ten Debut Authors Who Have Me Looking Forward To Their Sophomore Novel.
I read some really amazing books by some awesome debut authors this year and I can’t wait to see more from them! I don’t quite have 10 authors to share that I read this year, so I will also list a couple that I haven’t read yet, but am DYING to read their first book and hoping to fall in love with them and be looking forward to their sophomore novels.
2015 debut authors I read and loved:
I am really stoked and looking forward to the sophomore novels from these authors! I know I will be auto-buying anything these authors put out. I enjoyed all of these books so much and can’t wait for more from them! Some are the first book in series, so you know I am dying to know what happens next in those. I highly recommend all of these books to everyone if you haven’t had the chance to check them out!
- Becky Albertalli – Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda – If every book is as amazing as Simon vs. is then I will be one happy camper. This book had me laughing and smiling non-stop.
- Lauren Bird Horowitz – Shattered Blue – Shattered Blue was so super amazing and OMG that twist at the end. I need MORE from Lauren as soon as possible!
- I.W. Gregorio – None of the Above – I finished None of the Above in pretty much a day, because it was just so amazing and hard to put down.
- Nicola Yoon – Everything, Everything – Everything, Everything was EVERYTHING! I stayed up so late finishing this book, because it just didn’t feel right going to sleep with it not finished. Hands down one of my favorites this year.
- Victoria Aveyard – Red Queen – HOLY WOW! I loved Red Queen so much and it continued to shock me. I went through the emotions while reading this book.
- Francesca Zappia – Made You Up – Magic eight ball says YOU NEED TO READ THIS NOW! Zappia did an amazing job with Made You Up and it’s another book that is hard to put down.
- Sabaa Tahir – An Ember in the Ashes – AHHH! I lovelovelove Sabaa Tahir’s writing style and this story. It was everything I could ever want in a book and I need more ASAP!
- Stephanie Tromly – Trouble is a Friend of Mine – Trouble is a Friend of Mine is one of the strangest and most hilarious books I have read this year. Digby definitely made this book what it was.
2015 authors I haven’t read, but really want to:
- Virginia Boecker – The Witch Hunter
- Adam Silvera – More Happy Than Not
I am really looking forward to reading these books and I have been all year. I’m actually pretty sad that I didn’t get to them at all this year, but hopefully I will soon! I am hoping I fall in love with them and the authors and hopefully be super stoked for their sophomore novels. I’ve heard nothing but good things about them! There are PLENTY more that I am DYING to read as well, so many more! They can be a list all on their own!
What are some debut authors that you have read? Have you read any of these? Let me know and link me to your TTT posts!
I still can’t believe that it’s November! Where did this year go? I’m pretty sure I went to sleep on January first and woke up and it was November. Or it could have been that I’ve had my nose in all of these books that the year flew by without my knowledge! In case you missed it, I put up my October recap post of all the books I read in October. Feel free to check that out over here.
I hope you have an awesome Tuesday!