1. Put the Liebster Award logo on your blog.
2. Answer the questions given and then come up with 10 new ones to ask your nominations.
3. Nominate 8 other blogs, let them know you have nominated them and put a link to their blog in your post.
4. No tag-backs.
5. You must tell all the blogs that you have nominated them.
Since I was nominated twice, I’m going to answer both sets of questions in this same post. Warning: I’m updating from my phone, so excuse any typos and such. At the moment I don’t have a working computer. 😦 but anyway!
Questions from Thistles and Whistles:
1. If you could have unlimited money for a day, how would you choose to use it?
+ This question is a lot harder to answer than you think it would be, lol. I think I would probably travel to California and spend the day exploring and site seeing. And of course Disneyland!
2. Your favourite animal and why?
+ It’s a tie between gorillas and elephants. They are beautiful animals and I love going to the zoo and seeing them. It would be awesome to see them in the wild.
3. Describe in a sentence where your dream home is. For eg. A cottage in the countryside with a clump of trees and a babbling brook nearby.
+ A two story house overlooking the beach with a balcony and porch swing.
4. Your dream travel destination and a few things you would you like to do there.
+ I’ve always wanted to go to Japan and site see. It’s always been a dream to visit all the Disney parks in the world, so I would definitely want to go to Tokyo Disneyland.
5. The most inspiring movie/book you’ve watched or read and what it taught you.
+ The Bucket List. I loved that movie and it made me realize that life is short and to just have fun and do what makes you happy. I would hate to look back on my life and not have anything good or fun to look back on.
6. If you could have a couple of hours talking to your favourite celebrity/an inspiring person, who would it be and what would you ask them?
+ Tom Delonge, for sure. He is a genius and I love his music. I would probably just want to talk about music and aliens with him all day.
7. One thing you love about yourself.
+ I love that I have learned to let things go and not to stress out so much. I don’t let much bother me, so I feel like I’m a lot happier.
8. One thing you would like to accomplish in this lifetime.
+ My TBR list? lol. I don’t really know what I would like to accomplish. I usually just live my life with a “go with the flow” attitude. This is a good question to think about though.
10. Things you would like to see on television instead of ___________ (insert something you don’t like on TV).
+ This is kind of a tough question, lol. I draw a blank, because I watch a lot of TV and my mix of shows I like are kind of crazy. If we could just bring all British television to America, that would be great. lol. Sorry! I have no real answer. I fail at this question.
Questions from The Diary of a Bibliophile:
1. When you were a child, what did you aspire to be?
+ I honesty don’t remember much from my childhood, so I’m not entirely sure what I wanted to be. To be honest, I don’t even know what I want to aspire to be now.
2. What inspired you to start your blog?
+ I don’t think it was an inspiration type situation or anything, but I found some writing challenges online and decided it would be fun to do them with my best friend. So I made an account here and that’s how it all started. But, I left the site for awhile and decided to come back and start again. I love reading books and I thought it would be awesome to find people that have the same love for books as I do, so I figured starting a book blog would be fun.
3. Name a book that made you want to read more.
+ I read the Hunger Games series maybe 3-4 years ago and it jump started me back to wanting to read more books and books I never really read before. I haven’t looked back since! I’m constantly reading now, anything and everything.
4. How do you determine which book you will read next?
+ I really don’t have a system or anything. I look through my Goodreads TBR list and decide what I’m in the mood for or if a book jumps out at me, then I go for that. Right now I’m trying to read all the books I’ve had on my list for awhile or that I started and haven’t finished.
5. Name a classic book that you have yet to read.
+ Um….To Kill a Mockingbird. I really want to! I feel like everyone has read that except me.
6. What is your guilty pleasure? (This could be a book genre, a TV show, movie, food, etc,.)
+ Definitely reality TV, especially lately it’s Little Women of L.A.. I can’t get enough of that show. My older sister and I laid on our mom’s couch for about ten hours straight and watched the entire first season.
7. Name one thing that your fellow bloggers may not know about you.
+ I like to collect things. Right now I have a huge Bath & Body Works collection and I’m guilty of not using half of the stuff I have. I also have about 75 nail polishes.
8. How do you think of content for your blog? In other words, what inspires your content? (Eg. Other bloggers? Articles? Themes in a book?)
+ I seen this pin on Pinterest and it was a 2015 reading challenge, so I’ve been doing a lot of posts based off that. Sometimes it’s just random posts.
9. Do you have a favorite author? If so, who and why?
+ I love Mitch Albom’s books. It’s strange for me because some of the things he writes about, I don’t totally believe in, but I love his books and he’s definitely my favorite author.
10. What do you want others to learn or gather from your blog?
+ I want them to have fun reading my blog and to discover new books or a love for books if they don’t already. I hate when people think reading is “uncool”. It’s probably the coolest thing in the world 😉
So I have to nominate 8 people and create questions for them.
1. What is your dream pizza?
2. What are your top 3 favorite books?
3. If you could only listen to one song for an entire day, what song would it be?
4. What is your favorite season or holiday and why?
5. What are some of your book pet peeves?
6. If you could jump into a book and live there, which book would you choose and why?
7. What is a book that you always recommend to people?
8. Do you prefer summer or winter?
9. How many books have you read in your lifetime so far?
10. What is your favorite quote?
Since I am doing this on my little iPhone screen and it’ll be hard to go back and forth linking, I’m just going to “cheat” and nominate all of my followers. It wouldn’t be as fun blogging without you all! ❤
And with that…I have 70 pages left in Artemis Fowl, so I want to finish that, so I can start another book. 🙂 this will make my 15th book for the year so far and my 3rd book for the month of February. It’s pretty exciting! My hands hurt from doing this all in my phone lol. I hope everyone is having a good weekend so far!